In order to meet the demands of today’s highly-complex applications, teams must utilize multiple debugging techniques. But finding effective, congruent, and easily-integrable debugging techniques for complex applications can be easier said than done.
Join Bill Burns, Sr. Director of Product Development and Product Manager at TotalView, as he explores five critical debugging techniques for understanding and debugging complex code — including how to:
- Leverage reverse debugging technology to replay how your program ran.
- See a unified view across applications that utilize Python and C++.
- Debug GPU applications including CUDA.
- Efficiently understand the state of your MPI and OpenMP processes and threads.
- Find memory leaks and other memory problems in your HPC application.
Improve Efficiency and Code Quality
Try using TotalView alongside these techniques to help find bugs and improve code quality.