TotalView is Free for Students
Are you a full-time student? You qualify for free access to TotalView Express Student Edition, the industry-leading code debugging tool for high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
This easy-to-use tool not only helps you debug code quickly and easily, it will help you learn to write better code while you’re doing it.
- Gain a better understanding of how code logic works in HPC environments, with a dynamic analysis tool that lets you see what’s happening with the code while the application is running.
- Get real-world experience with a debugging tool used by global businesses, research labs and major institutions — a tool you may be using on the job someday.
- Quickly find bugs and failures in your code with TotalView’s reverse debugging feature.
- Debug up to multiple threads or processes simultaneously, making the most efficient use of precious time on your school’s HPC server.
- Spend less time debugging and more time working on your school or research projects.
Just a Few Clicks Away
Once we’ve confirmed your school enrollment information, we’ll send you an email with a software license key and download link.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I qualify for the free license?
A free TotalView student license is available to any full-time student actively enrolled at a college or university. Simply fill out the form on this page.
What do I get?
One TotalView single-user license for classroom, project, or research use.
What’s the difference between the student version and the full version?
TotalView Express Student Edition has all the basic features and functions of the full TotalView version, with these exceptions:
- Single instance: Only run one (1) instance at a time on your computer.
- Node-locked: License is tied to a single machine.
- No remote debugging.
- Maximum of four (4) threads/processes.
- License expires at graduation.
- No display (X) redirection.
What kind of support to I get with a student license?
Customer support for the student edition is provided under no obligation via the online ticketing system in the Perforce Customer Support Portal only. The student edition is not eligible for phone support.